Term: Permanent Full-Time
Salary Range: $66,697 – $83,372
Location: We are a pan-Canadian healthcare organization and welcome candidates from across Canada. Our head office is located in Ottawa, Ontario and we welcome flexible work options such as permanent/fully remote, hybrid, flexible work hours, and compressed work weeks.
Deadline to apply: May 28, 2023 at 8:00am ET
Description: As a member of the Enterprise and Digital Marketing team (within HEC’s Communications and Marketing department), the Design Lead is responsible for supporting the development of branded design products that help build awareness of and engagement with HEC. This role creates and/or oversees a wide variety of designed outputs and visual products, working with staff across the organization to turn creative ideas into effective content. They are a steward of HEC’s visual brand, ensuring it is applied consistently and effectively in different contexts. Proficiencies related to this role include technical layout and design knowledge, creativity, project management, accessibility, and visual brand development and management.
Your core responsibilities include:
- Leads the design and layout of a wide range of products, including reports and other knowledge products, presentations, promotional and marketing materials, and website elements.
- Develops basic multimedia content that combines different content forms including original graphics and illustrations, video footage, text, audio, etc.
- Applies principles of accessibility and AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act) compliance to produce compliant content and
- Collaborates with colleagues to determine requirements for design and multimedia products, coordinate reviews and approvals, and inform communications strategies.
- Develops and maintains product templates, including letterhead, business cards, reports, presentations, etc.
- Helps coordinate production processes, including printing.
- Helps establish and supports the use of guidelines and best practices related to product layout, visual design, multimedia production, and accessible design.
For complete details, please see the Job Description.
Education and experience you will need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in graphic design or a related field – or equivalent skills and experience, is required
- Minimum of three (3) years of progressive experience in a similar function is required
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator)
- Specialized knowledge of formatting and document layout, pre-press and print production processes, and electronic/on-line document distribution/dissemination
- Advanced computer software skills in Microsoft Office suite and virtual environment
- Bilingual in French and English is preferred (English Communication at the Advanced “C” level is required).
You will be a great fit for this role if you have:
- Excellent project management skills, including a demonstrated ability to plan and deliver multiple design projects simultaneously on time and within budget
- Solid understanding of design best practices and emerging tools/approaches
- Applying creative approaches for reaching audiences through design products
- Highly developed interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Positive approach to addressing challenges and opportunities and providing constructive input on shared projects
- Comfortable working in a self-directed way on multiple initiatives
- Ability to work well in a dynamic and highly motivated team
HEC currently offers:
- Competitive salary with a bilingual bonus (if applicable)
- Full access to our comprehensive benefits package on the 1st day of employment
- Flexible work options including onsite, hybrid, or fully remote and flexible hours of work
- Holiday break closure in December between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day
- Generous vacation and personal leave plans
- A defined benefit pension plan with the CAAT Pension Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Programs
- Fitness and Wellness Allowance
- Remote Work/Parking Allowance
- Paid professional association fees
- Educational and development opportunities
- On site (Ottawa) gym and complimentary coffee/tea
- Social activities
Healthcare Excellence Canada (HEC) is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity and inclusivity. HEC is committed to building teams with a variety of backgrounds, skills and views, as the more inclusive we are, the more impact we can have. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous persons, and persons with disabilities. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please apply via Bamboo: https://hecesc.bamboohr.com/jobs/