Since 1928, Mitchell has grown into a Visual Communication company with a rich history in print craft, combined with industry-leading technology and sustainable practices. We are focused on building a team culture that delivers exceptional client experiences every day. If you are like us, humble, hungry, have super talents and love to work in a fast-paced inclusive environment? Join us.
We currently have an opportunity for a proven performer to enhance their career with Western Canada’s leading print marketing company. Our full-time DIGITAL PRESS OPERATOR position is an excellent opportunity in an in-demand trade.
· Operate Digital and Large Format presses
· Be collaborative and cooperative, working with our Sales, Coordinators, Bindery and Shipping departments
· Learn to operate small equipment such as cutting, stitching, and folding equipment
· Possess mechanical and technical aptitude
· Ensure quality standards are being met
· Use the company’s ERP system to track time and charge material usage
· Complete other duties as assigned
· Able to work in a deadline driven, collaborative team environment
· An excellent communicator with attention to detail
· Reliable and extremely well organized
· Seen to have a positive attitude and look forward to working in a culture that promotes collaboration
· Proactive, organized and can handle multiple tasks with a passion for problem-solving, always providing solutions
· Able to prioritize, and focus on a busy environment, often changing priorities as needed to meet customer expectations
· Flexible and able to work various shifts
· Able to lift and carry up to 50lbs.
· Someone with an eye for detail, understanding the last mile is the most important
· Strong computer skills on both Mac and PC platforms
· Understanding of digital production processes
· Color management skills
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a printing environment
· Adobe Acrobat and MS Office (Excel, Word)
· This Union position provides extended health and dental benefits, as well as a pension plan.
· Pay is up to $28.86/hr based on a 36-hour work week.
· 5+ years of experience in a similar role
Please send your resumes to email@example.com.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply, please note that only those short-listed will be contacted for the next steps.