Job Title: Visual Design Lead
Term: Full Time
Location: Flexible. Hybrid/Remote Available. Preference provided to those in the Kawartha Lakes area or within Nunavut.
Reports to: Director of Education and Creative Production
Closing Date: Open until filled.
Starting Salary: $67,500. Higher in Nunavut with the possibility of a housing and language bonus.
Be part of the innovative future of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) learning and education by joining our team. Working alongside rural, remote, Indigenous communities, Pinnguaq supports the development of STEAM skills through innovative STEAM programming and educational resources.
The Education and Creative Production Department
The Education and Creative Production Department is responsible for the design, development, and delivery of educational websites, apps, games, videos, as well as non-digital interfaces (please see our website for examples of our work) . Requirements for design projects come from both internal staff and projects, as well as externally funded project partnerships.
What does success in this role look like?
- Taking an effective project management approach to ensure the organization’s visual design needs are met.
- Ensures a consistent, high quality visual design is known across all products.
- Client expectations are exceeded by the leadership of the Visual Design Lead.
- The visual design team lead understands their tasks and deadlines and overachieve in meeting them.
- Design documents, and UX/UI wireframes provide a complete picture to both the client and programming team to ensure a finished product that matches expectations.
- Visual design team ensures that codesign process is at the centre of the work we do, building capacity and centre the needs of the communities we serve.
- An active and conscious advocacy on a knowledge transfer paradigm of that the strongest solutions are already in the communities we serve.
- Project manage all visual design work through an established process.
- Manage a team of visual design staff including graphic designers and JR UX designer to assign project responsibilities.
- Develop user stories and wireframes to submit to design for hi-fi mockups
- Consider the Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) elements of a design
- Ensure digital designs reflect a knowledge and understanding of technology including various browsers, and screen widths, responsive design
- Consider existing applications and evaluate their UI/UX effectiveness
- Coordinate and run codesign workshops for Pinnguaq Co-Design projects, mentoring interns to produce usable concepts and assets
- Run user testing for applications, websites, and other software
- Effectively and independently manage assignment timelines and workload within the larger project schedule
- Work to meet the sprint goals and acceptance criteria
- Participate in team meetings to share relevant information and technology transfer
- Additional duties as required by the Productions Department
- Experience in the Project Managment of a design team
- A post-secondary education in design or a design-related discipline ie, industrial design, user-centred design, visual design, design strategy, design management, human factors, psychology, human-computer interaction, etc, or equivalent non-academic experience with demonstrated competency
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a Project Manager.
Skills and Abilities
- Experience of using various tools to facilitate UX methodologies and UI designs (Adobe Design Suite skills, Sketch, Miro, InVision etc)
- Experience in wireframing
- Experience of working directly with clients, gathering requirements, writing user stories, and creating wireframes
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with multiple team members
- Outstanding overall communication skills (verbal, written, and visual)
- Experience in the development of style guidance
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving and communication skills
Pinnguaq Association is strongly committed to fostering diversity within the communities we serve. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Pinnguaq Association is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment process.
APPLY to email@example.com