Source: BC Hydro
Job Title: Creative Specialist
Job Number: BCH-R-1579-230120E1
Job Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Powered by water… and by people like you
Providing clean electricity to 4 million customers takes a diverse workforce and that’s where you come in. We need your talent to help us build major projects to meet growing demand. To help our customers find clean energy solutions for their homes and businesses and to be ready to respond during storms and outages to keep our system reliable.
Working for BC Hydro is meaningful. And now, the stakes have been raised as we work towards a solution to climate change while safely providing clean, affordable electricity to our customers.
We offer a healthy work life balance, training opportunities and career progression. We’re proud to be ranked as one of B.C.’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers. Join us as we build an even cleaner B.C.
* Provides expert level creative planning services to support projects, programs and campaigns requiring traditional advertising, video, digital and social media. Provides creative direction, concept development for various mediums, evaluation, development and execution of aspects of projects, programs and campaigns to meet business requirements and enhance the brand platform. Monitors and guides the completion of work by external agencies to ensure deliverables align with business requirements and standards.
* Provides expert level creative, art direction and digital design consultative advice and assistance to all levels of management, external agencies and others on their web, advertising and publications plans, projects and creative problems.
* Reviews corporate-wide visual materials to ensure consistent application of established policy, graphics standards, user interface standards, writing style and tone. Follows-up with internal clients and stakeholders to ensure policies and standards are understood and applied.
* Develops, recommends and implements new and revised policy, graphics, user interfaces, web/mobile designs, guidelines and design standards including preparation of related procedure guidelines etc.
* Provides technical advice and direction to and performs all of the duties of the lower level Creative Services jobs.
* Performs duties of a minor nature related to the above duties that do not affect the rating of the job.
* Degree or diploma in Marketing, Visual Design or Digital Media or a relevant field (such as Communications or Film). Courses in creating digital and multi-media products for online audiences are required.
* Four (4) years of experience in a role involved in creative planning and art direction, video and visual design of multi-channel campaigns where experience in project management has been gained. Experience demonstrable through a portfolio of work.
* Experience working in an advertising agency considered an asset.
This position is affiliated with the Movement of United Professionals union (MoveUP/COPE).
* This position will require hands-on traditional and digital design work. Candidates are expected to have strong aesthetic skills, in-depth knowledge of design, layout techniques, typography, and accessibility WCAG standards as well as proficiency with Adobe CC suite applications particularly InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects and Acrobat demonstrated by a portfolio of work. Expertise in Figma, AEM Assets, and Premiere is considered an asset.
Interested candidates should submit their applications online at https://app.bchydro.com/careers/current_opp.html by February 5, 2023.
Click here to access the job posting or visit the BC Hydro “Current Opportunities” Careers page to view and apply for jobs.
You must use a supported browser, such as Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari. Your pop up blocker will also need to be disabled for the BC Hydro Careers site.
On the BC Hydro Careers site, click on the Apply button in order to complete the steps to apply for this job. Please be sure to update your Candidate Profile with your current resume and include copies of your certifications, if applicable.
We’re always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking and the motivation to help shape the electricity system in B.C. It’s an exciting time to be a part of our team as we invest in our system and prepare to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Our values guide our work. Want to join us?
We are safe.
We are here for our customers.
We are one team.
We include everyone.
We act with integrity and respect.
We are forward thinking.
BC Hydro is an equal opportunity employer.
We include everyone. We welcome applications from anyone, including members of visible minorities, women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
We are also happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at BC Hydro. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at Recruitmenthelp@BCHydro.com
BC Hydro has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires employees to have a full series of COVID-19 vaccine and provide proof of vaccination on request. This Policy is currently suspended but may resume at BC Hydro’s discretion. While the Policy is suspended, all new employees are required to disclose their vaccination status to BC Hydro.
Flexible work model role definitions
Our four role types identify the degree of flexibility an employee could have to work from home based on the type of work they do. The flexibility for an individual job is up to the manager for each position and the operational requirements. Employees also have the right to work full-time from the office if they prefer. All of our roles require at least some in-person time.
IBEW/Field – No option to work from home
Resident – Works primarily (4+ days per week) in the office.
Hybrid – May be able to work from home up to 3 days per week.
Remote – Works from home 4+ days per week