Looking for the opportunity to share your creativity and hone your graphic designing skills?
The Edmonton Public Library is looking for a fun, fresh, innovative and creative addition to our dynamic team. We are a small team with a big mandate and are looking for someone with passion, motivation and a desire to help spread the words about all the great programs and services available at our amazing library. We offer competitive total compensation, including an excellent pension and benefits plan, an earned day off program, and a hybrid remote work program. The Library is a great place to take your career!
Reporting to the Team Lead, Design & Production Services, you will provide visual communication, design and production consulting and implementation services to a wide variety of internal stakeholders.
- Collaborating with internal clients and creative thinking to develop new ideas and concepts to produce a wide variety of marketing collateral for brand, system wide campaigns and fundraising initiatives both in print and digital.
- Designing digital graphics for EPL’s website, social channels and other digital applications.
- Conceptualizing and designing merchandising display standards and large-scale visuals for EPL branch locations.
- Ensuring the integrity of EPL’s brand across creative channels and updating guidelines for staff sharing.
- Presenting and communicating design work effectively to internal clients.
- Preparing and packaging print and web artwork files as required.
- Updating and refining existing design and artwork files as required.
- Supporting the printing, finishing and distribution of in-house materials (i.e. trimming, dry-mounting, bundling, and packaging) as needed.
- Operating and maintaining equipment used in production of print and finishing pieces.
- Assisting department administration work, such as coordinating project billing, obtaining quotes from print vendors, ordering materials and data tracking.
- Keeping up-to date with the latest design trends, tools, and technologies.
- Related post-secondary diploma or degree from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- A minimum of 1 year directly related work experience.
What do you need to bring to this position?
- Proficiency with design applications (Adobe suite of products) and Microsoft programs (PowerPoint, Word and Teams).
- Understanding of web design principles and developing web collateral and social media graphics campaigns.
- Understanding of graphic design (typograph, illustration, formatting).
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial print production.
- Excellent customer service orientation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-directed with the ability to take initiative.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail with the ability to manage competing priorities and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a team-oriented environment.
- Computer fluency in Mac and PC.
Who we are:
The secret ingredient for making EPL a magical place is no secret at all; in fact, it’s very simple – We share. We share stories, ideas and experiences. We share with our customers, our communities, and ourselves. Great libraries shape great cities and Edmonton has a great library.
$28.77 – $36.73 per hour*
*Approximately $52,579 – $67,105 per annum based on a 35 hour work week.
Shift differential may apply in accordance with the terms and conditions of the CSU 52 Collective Agreement.
For more information about this position and other careers available at the Edmonton Public Library, visit www.epl.ca/careers and apply online. Please ensure your application includes the following attachments: a resume, a small portfolio of your work (pdf format), and a cover letter that outlines the reasons why you are interested in working for the Edmonton Public Library and how your education, experience and abilities make you a strong candidate for this career opportunity. Only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.