DesCan Foundation is pleased to announce its first scholarship to support UX Ddesigners. The DesCan Foundation UX Design Scholarship is available to a promising visual or interactive design student in first to third-year who exhibits passion and proficiency in the area of experience design.
This scholarship encourages students to take a user-centric approach to interactive design while exploring the design process in its many forms. The $500 scholarship is donated by former DesCan member, Ryan P. Senger. Ryan is Senior Product Design Manager at Blizzard Entertainment in Irvine, California. He attended the Emily Carr University of Art + Design earning a degree in Communication Design. He has been a UX Director, Interface Artist, and Game Designer working in the video game industry for the past 20 years. He hopes this award encourages emerging designers to create for a better tomorrow through understanding, consideration, and empathy.
- For a promising visual or interactive design student in first to third-year who exhibits passion and proficiency in the area of experience design
- This student will produce a case study for an innovative experience or application that demonstrates a well-considered design process and a keen awareness of user needs
- Applicant must be a DesCan member in good standing. Become a DesCan member
- Applicant has not previously been awarded this scholarship
Submission in one PDF and must include:
- Current college/university transcript (unofficial transcripts accepted)
- Personal letter outlining reasons for applying and future career goals (200 words minimum). Include your contact information including name, mailing address, phone, and email address
- Letter of recommendation from an educator/instructor
- One case study in high-resolution PDF format that includes (suggested structure): scenario, personas, mental model, user flow chart, wireframes, prototype, and student’s learnings and takeaways, with the name of the instructor and the project
Submission deadline is May 1, 2023